Things to Do May Half Term 2022
Image Credit: Ilona
May Half Term in 2022 falls between Monday 30th May and Friday 3rd June.
However in 2022 the May Bank Holiday weekend is part of a very special event - The Queen's Platinum Jubilee. This means that there will be an extended Bank Holiday weekend, with the 2nd & 3rd both being bank holidays. If you are planning your own celebration for the Jubilee, here are some Queen's Platinum Jubilee party ideas, including crafts, recipies DIY decorations and printables.
Hopefully by now there is some good weather to look forward to in the UK, so when the kids have a week off from school, you are going to need some ideas for things to do!
School holidays may vary so always double check your children's school holiday dates before booking anything.
Events and Places To Go in May Half Term 2022
So here is a whole lot of ideas of places to go and things to do during the May Half Term holiday.
Image Credit: British Monarchy
- The Platinum Jubilee weekend means that ther will be all sorts of events planned across the UK, which can be found on the Platinum Jubilee Events Map. Everything from the huge events such as a pageant, and the Queen's Party at the Palace to street parties and and other local events. Queen's Platinum Jubilee Colouring picture to download.
- London's most exciting new event for May 2022 is The Gunpowder Plot immersive experience, which is opening on Friday 6th May at the Tower of London. The experience promises a chance to step back into 1605 and be part of the Gunpowder Plot as it unfolds. Book The Gun Powder Plot Immersive Experience Now
- Visit Battersea Park Zoo Filled with amazing animals, including: monkeys, snakes, pigs, donkeys, ring-tailed lemurs, rabbits, emu, chipmunks, coati, wallabies and chickens. There is also an adventure playgground. You can get up to 47% off when you book in advance at Little Bird
- Heading off to the Cinema? Find out what's on at the cinema during the school holidays.
- The National Trust properties across the UK will be holding events over Half Term, so check out your local venus for events, including lots of way to tick items off your 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ list.
- In Cornwall join a celebration of the things that you cannot see at the Eden Project. This year they have a major new exhibition, Seeing the Invisible. This is an ambitious and expansive exhibition of contemporary artworks created with augmented reality (AR) technology which is appearing across 12 participating gardens in seven countries.
- Get out and about in the fresh air and (hopefully) sunshine with your pooch (or borrow one for the day!) and try one of the 10 Best Dog Walks in Britain. These are all brilliant walks to try out even if you don't have a four-legged friend to take with you.
- Museums and Art Galleries, all over the UK will be hosting children's events over Half Term. Contact your local one to find out what is going on, as events will take place over local school holidays only. Lots of the events will be free or require only a small charge to cover materials.
- ‘Get, Set, Grow’ Create a buzz this May half term at RHS Wisley in Surrey and RHS Rosemoor in Devon, and learn how to encourage these fantastic pollinators into your garden. There will be a garden trail, daily activities and interactive performances to help you discover more about our garden visitors. You would bee mad to miss it, and if you join the RHS now 2 adults and 2 children can get into any of the Royal Horticultural Society's five gardens free for the whole year.
**Plan out your half term week with our FREE printable School Half Term Holiday Planner which is free to download and print off in PDF format.**
- Animal lovers will have a brilliant time at on of the UK's Top Farm Parks, whether you love sheep and goats, cows, horses, chickens and rabbits. Some places include more exotic animals such as llamas and meerkats.
- Make your own Playdough from ingredients that you will already have stored in the kitchen.
- Don't let the kids brains get rusty over half term with our free printable Wordsearches and Anagrams.
- Try some retro fun and teach the kids to make a pillow fort.
- Teach the kids a useful skill that you will have for life with our 7 Tips for Teaching Kids to Knit (or find a crafty friend who can help) then get the kids knitting.
- Catch up on some classic kids books with these 20 Children's Classics that You Can Download for FREE Now. Everything from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Treasure island to Heidi, The Jungle Book and Little Women.
- I can hear the groans from here, but some kids may just have some revision to do.....
More Articles You May Like
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!