Best Holiday Parks in Eastern England 2020
Norfolk, Suffolk, East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
Image Credit: Nick Pye
The East of England has many popular holiday resorts. The area has many popular seaside resorts with sandy beaches, and the Norfolk Broads have many lovely waterways which are popular for boating holidays.
Norfolk has over 90 miles of unspoilt coastline, beautiful countryside, the unique Broads National Park, forests and heathland, internationally important nature reserves, picturesque market towns, amazing birdwatching and the fabulous seaside resorts of Great Yarmouth, Cromer and Hunstanton.
Suffolk offers 50 miles of glorious coastline and topped with breathtaking skies, charming villages and medieval towns, you can explore Constable Country, experience maritime life in Ipswich, immerse yourself in history in Bury St Edmunds, or simply spend long, lazy days by the sea.
East Yorkshire has the rolling landscape of the Yorkshire Wolds with it's chalky uplands ending at the high cliffs of Flamborough Head. You can also visit the resorts of Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea and unspoilt market towns such as Beverley, Driffield, Howden, Market Weighton and Pocklington.
Lincolnshire offers six stunning regions each towns and villages that hold a wonderful range of activities, events and accommodation. Enjoy a city break packed with history and heritage or a breathtaking walk through the unmissable Wolds
Here are holiday parks, caravan parks, cottages and family friendly hotels in Eastern England - Norfolk and the Norfolk Broads, Suffolk, East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Holiday Parks in Norfolk
- Braydon Water Holiday Park, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Situated on the edge of the Norfolk Broads, this park has kids clubs, entertainment, adventure playground, all weather sports court and a heated outdoor pool. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available, with pitches for caravans and camping available.
- Broadlands Park and Marina, Oulton Broad, Norfolk Broads Perfect for boat lovers, this park offers an indoor swimming pool and children's pool, sauna, fitness studio, private marina, fishing, motor launch hire, boat launching and mooring facilities. Accommodation is a choice of brick built bungalows, or two or three bedroom caravans.
- Caister Holiday Park, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Caister was Britains first holiday camp - it offers abseiling, fencing and archery as well as direct beach access, kids' clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accommodation includes self-catering and half-board options.
- California Cliffs Holiday Park, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
This park has both indoor and outdoor pools, kids clubs, crazy golf, adventure playground and entertainment. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available, with pitches for caravans and camping available. Read our review of California Cliffs Holiday Park
- Heachem Beach Holiday Park, Nr Kings Lynn, Norfolk Located on the west Norfolk coast, this park has indoor fun pool with mini slide, sports facilities, adventure playground and kid's clubs. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available.
- Hemsby Beach Holiday Village, Hemsby, Great Yarmouth 300 yards from Hemsby's famous golden beach, this park offers an indoor swimming pool, kids club (5-11s), children's soft play area, fort and adventure play area and mini 10-pin bowling. Accommodation is a choice of self catering suites and chalets.
- Hopton, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk With direct beach access and a 9-Hole Golf Course this park is great for families. It also features kids' clubs, play areas, pool, sports, leisure and day and evening entertainment facilities.
- Seashore Holiday Park, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Next to unspoilt sandy beaches, this park offers kids' clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans.
- Vauxhall Holiday Park, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk Vauxhall has a brand new indoor Tropical Waterworld, outdoor splash pool, health & fitness centre, sauna, solarium, children's club, mini bowling, adventure playground, adventure golf and a multi sports arena. Accommodation is a choice of apartment suites and caravans.
- Wild Duck Holiday Park, Nr Great Yarmouth, Norfolk In a gorgeous woodland setting this park has kids' clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accomodation is self catering caravans with pitches for caravans and camping.
Have a fantastic day out at Bewilderwood in Horning, Norfolk, a curious treehouse adventure with rope bridges, slides, zip wires, a maze, and two special areas for children under five.
Holiday Parks in East Yorkshire
- Skipsea Sands, Skipsea, Driffield, East Yorkshire This park has an indoor pool, gym, solarium, adventure playground and kid's clubs. Accomodation is in self catering caravans.
- Withernsea Sands Holiday Park, Withernsea, Humberside has a fabulous indoor pool as well as plenty of open spaces for the kids to run free around the park. In the evening visit the Boathouse Tavern for live cabaret, discos and dancing, plus a big screen and Sky TV. Accomodation is in static caravans, with faciities for camping and touring caravans or motorhomes.
- Sand le Mere Holiday Village, Tunstall, North Humberside offer fun-filled family holidays with a a wide range of on-site amenities, a fabulous leisure complex, indoor pool, kid’s clubs, adventure playgrounds, sports, a fishing lake and evening entertainment. Accomodation is static caravans or lodges, or bring your own touring caravan or motorhome.
Holiday Parks in Lincolnshire
- Golden Sands, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire Along with direct access to long sandy beaches, this park has a fishing lake, kids' clubs, play areas, pool, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accomodation is self catering caravans with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Sunnydale Holiday Park, Nr Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire Sunnydale has it's own fishing pond, adventure playground, a soft play area and kid's clubs. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available, with pitches for caravans and camping available.
- Thorpe Park, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire Thorpe Park Holiday Centre offers activities including roller-blading, tennis, football, a 9 hole golf course on Park, Pitch 'n' Putt and miniature adventure golf, kids' clubs, play areas and entertainment facilities. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans with pitches for caravans and camping.
Related: Ten Top Tips for Travelling with Children
Holiday Parks in Suffolk
- Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park, Suffolk
Only 5 mins walk from the nearest beach, (which is a blue flag beach) this park offers a heated indoor leisure pool and a Family Entertainment Centre, with a lounge bar and entertainment and sports facilities. Accommodation is a range of caravans, chalets, lodges and apartments all available with various numbers of bedrooms.
- Elveden Forest Village
Centreparcs village including a subtropical swimming pool, Aqua Sana spa or exhilarating activities at from fencing to badminton to the dizzying heights of an Aerial Adventure course.
- Kessingland Beach Holiday Park, Nr Lowestoft, Suffolk This park has direct access to sand dunes and salt marshes, two swimming pools, kids club, a soft play area and adventure playground. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available, with pitches for caravans and camping available.
- Pontins Pakefield Offering half board accommodation, this holiday centre has cabaret shows, games, karaoke, zip wire, Playstation area, KMX karting, swimming pool, Bluecoat shows, kids play areas and it is near to Suffolk's miles of waterways.
Cottages in Eastern England
- Sykes Cottages are the largest independent self catering rental agency in the UK. With over 25 years of experience, they have over 2,200 cottages, log cabins and even manor houses across the UK. Lots of options include dog-friendly cottages, cottages with a pool and cottages that are particularly good for families with small children.
- Hoseasons Selection of cottages in all areas of Eastern England, plus boating holidays on the Norfolk Broads. They have cottages for families of all sizes, pet-friendly cottages and some cottages with pools and hot tubs.
- Norfolk Country Cottages
are specialists in quality self catering holiday cottages throughout Norfolk and North Suffolk with 430+ properties, all VisitEngland assessed, located throughout the county in hand-picked locations.
- Holiday Cottages.cc Holiday cottages in the East of England, including the Lincolnshire Fens, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
- Suffolk Secrets High quality holiday accomodation - all tourist board inspected and graded. Locations include Aldburgh, Soutwold, the Shotley peninsula and the Suffolk coast.
Keep the kids occupied on the journey with the Top Ten Travel Games.
Family Friendly Hotels in Eastern England
- Best Loved Hotels listings of child-friendly hotels in Norfolk, Suffolk and East Anglia - hotels that don't just tolerate children, they welcome them.
- Away with the Kids has lots of family friendly holiday ideas, including glamping in Norfolk, farm holidays in Suffolk and cottages in Yorkshire.
More East of England Tourist Information
- Greater Yarmouth
Official tourism website of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk's premier beach resort where you can enjoy an old-fashione great British beach holiday, plus explore Greater Yarmouth or go further afeild into Norfolk.
- Visit Norfolk Official Norfolk tourist information. Including the Norfolk Broads, boating holidays, bed & breakfast and hotel accommodation, holiday cottages, camping, caravanning, local attractions and events and the beautiful Norfolk Beaches.
- Visit Suffolk is the official Suffolk Tourist Information - you can explore Constable Country, experience maritime life in Ipswich, immerse yourself in history in Bury St Edmunds, or simply spend long, lazy days by the sea on Suffolks's exciting coast.
- Visit Lincolnshire
is a guide to Lincolnshire offering a range of activities including walking holidays, short breaks in historic Lincoln and a range of family days out. it also covers the Lincolnshire coast, the Fens, Vales and Wolds as well as the heart of Lincolnshire.
- Visit North Lincolnshire has information on tourism in North Lincolnshire - Barton & South Humber, Brigg & Ancholme, Epworth & The Isle of Axholme and Scunthorpe.
- Visit Yorkshire East Yorkshire Holiday accommodation, attractions and tourist information plus holiday cottages, hotels, bed and breakfast and guest houses on teh beautiful East Yorkshire coast and the of resorts of Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea with their sandy beaches and fishing traditions.
Looking for more holiday ideas? How about Best Holiday Parks in North East England - Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Yorkshire.
50 Screen Free Things To Do Indoors
How To Control Your Temper With Your Children
10 Of The Best Indoor Playhouses
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!