Free Printable Advent Calendars For Kids
Advent calendars are such a fun part of Christmas, aren't they? The joy of Christmas is all in the anticipating the big day, and one of the most fun ways of building up all that excitement is by opening the door of an advent calendar every day in December, right up to Christmas Day on the 25th.
There are lots of types of advent calendar, from the ever popular chocolate filled advent calendar, containing a little Christmas treat for every day of advent, to a toy filled advent calendar with a fun toy gift for each day leading up to Christmas day.
The simplest calendar is the old-fashioned, classic paper or card advent calendar with a door to open for every day in December, behind which you will find a Christmas-themed picture. These may be on a religious theme, or feature the ever-popular themes of Santa Claus, snowmen, presents and holly.
But maybe times are tight this December; maybe you prefer a simple, pared down advent calendar that you can put on the refrigerator, pin to your noticeboard or blu-tac to the wall - or maybe you love advent calendars and want to have as many decorating your home as you can this year!
Free Printable Advent Calendars For Kids
A free printable advent calender is a fantastic way to have all the fun of counting down to Christmas day. There are lots of types to choose from;
- A simple festive Advent Calendar design printed with numbers. These are decorative, and you can cross off each day as you count down to Christmas.
- A blank Advent Calendar template. This type of printable advent calendar gives you lots of creative options. You can write in a fun Christmas activity for each day, or maybe the kids could draw their very own festive picture every day of advent.
- Build Your Own Advent Calendar. These are slightly (or a lot) more involved, where the printables give the the pattern or template to create your own advent calendar from paper or card.
Here is a collection of all our favourite free printable advent calendar designs, from simple print offs to serious craft projects! Here's everything you need to get the advent fun started on 1st December!
Free Printable Advent Calendar With Numbers
Cross off each day of advent or link the number to a Christmas activity or gift, these are the perfect advent calendars to put on your wall. Mind you, I think that some of these are far too pretty to draw on....
- This beautiful advent calendar is created by artist and illustrator Katy Bloss.
- Paper Crafter Magazine has a cute printable with a suggested activity for each day in Advent.
- We also love this super numbers colouring advent sheet from Canary Jane with a different decorative number to colour every day of advent. Plus there are lots of other cute free Christmas printables on this page too!
- Paul et Paula have this lovely colouring advent calendar.
- At The Party Teacher you can find a free printable advent calendar with a biblical quote for each day in advent.
- This printable colouring advent calendar is from malvorlagen-seite.de
- Find a lovely graphic Advent Calendar Coloring Page with numbers at the Simple Fun for Kids blog.
- This very pretty Countdown to Christmas printable is designed by Sallie Borrink, and it can be found on her website.
- This cool graphic design by PinWhaleStock can be downloaded free from Pixabay
Free Printable Blank Advent Calendar Template
Free printable advent calendars with a space for you to write in a fun activity or draw your own pictures.
- This is our very own Free Printable Advent Calendar Template. It's a PDF and it's got space for you to write activities, plan your Christmas fun or draw festive pictures.
- Perform a random act of kindness every day of advent, and record it on this advent printable from Come Back Momma. There are also a version of the calendar with some suggested acts of kindness too
- Visit Freebee for a printable Advent calendar template which includes Christmas-themed doors for children to cut out, fold, colour and decorate.
- This lively Advent Calendar freebie is from Hello Creative Family and has a blank version for you to put your own Christmas activities, and a suggestion with lots of brilliant Christmas ideas too.
Build Your Own Advent Calendar
Build your own paper or card advent calendar. Project for seriously crafty kids.
- This gorgeous Christmas Tree Advent Calendar from Pink Suede Shoe is perfect as a Christmas decoration, and you can fill each tree with the gift of your choice.
This is the perfect project to keep the kids occupied for the whole of advent! Create this magnificent Quaint Christmas Village. Each building is printable and there is an option to print out a black and white version of each one and colour it in before you build it. Either way you will have a beautiful decoration for Christmas.
- Activity Village have a set of Christmas stocking printables to make into little pockets to hold your Xmas goodies.
- Skip To My Lou's calender consists of 25 little envelopes, pegged to string, each holding a fun Christmas activity. There is a free printable sheet of suggested activity cards, or make your own.
- This idea from Sara J Creations shows how you can make an Advent Calendar Tree with her free printable.
More Free Christmas Printables
Here's what's new on eParenting