8 Work-Life Balance Tips For Busy Mums
If you are a working mum, you can often feel as if you simply have too much to do - as well as the working and commuting you also have so much to deal with in real life, that you may feel that you barely have time to spend with your children.
If you are only just considering going back to work after having a family, you will be wondering how much time you will actually have with your new baby. There is so much to think about. Full time or part time? How do I find the best child care for my child? Could I work from home?
Or may be you have been a working mother for a while but simply struggle to find the work life balance than you hoped for.
Here are 8 tips for finding the work life balance that you and your family need.
Work/Life Balance Tips For Mums
- Prepare The Night Before. Lay out clothes for yourself and your children and prepare breakfast the night before. Get school bags packed (better still get the kids to do this themselves!) and consider making lunches - but make sure you keep them refrigerated overnight.
- Plan meals ahead by cooking in batches and freezing.
- Take advantage of the internet by ordering your groceries online, research major purchases by reading reviews and pay bills online and by drect debit rather than posting cheques or going to the bank.
- Approach your employer about flexible working. All workers in the UK have the right to request flexible working arrangments, and your employer must deal with that request in a reasonable manner.
- Make a family calendar so that everyone in the house knows what is happening.
- Leave work at work. Make sure that you separate your work time from home time - especially important if you work from home.
- Make 'You Time' a priority. Time to do what you enjoy, away from work and family will help to recharge your batteries.
- Give Up On Perfection. Life is too short to worry about every speck of dust or wether you have home crafted every birthday card. Just relax and you will give yourself the chance to be the parent that you want to be.
For more about acheiving a work-life balance have a look at this cool infographic from Serenata Flowers.
8 Work-Life Balance Tips for Busy Mums [Infographic] by the team at Serenata Flowers
Things To Do In October Half Term
Twins: How To Cope - A Personal Experience
The 10 Types of Developmental Toys Every Baby Needs
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!