Best Holiday Parks in Wales 2020
North, South and Mid Wales
Image Credit: Charles Kitchen
Wales is a hugely popular holiday destination for families, with everything from fantastic beaches, and dramatic scenery as well as vibrant cities and an exciting cultural history.
North Wales has superb beaches, tumbling rivers and the mountains, lakes and waterfalls of Snowdonia and friendly resorts such a Llandudno, Abersoch and Barmouth.
Mid Wales offers the Brecon Beacons National Parks, the Mid Wales coast including Cardigan Bay, the stunning Cambrian Mountains as well as historic market towns, castles, country houses and gardens, wildlife and nature reserves, walking trails, lakes, mountains and beaches.
South Wales has Wales' capital city, Cardiff - a hub of Welsh culture, sport and entertainment including the Dr Who Experience in Cardiff Bay, while the Wye Valley has gourmet dining and gorgeous scenery. You can also visit Glamorgan and the Welsh Valleys.
Here are holiday parks, caravan parks, campsites, cottages and family friendly hotels in Wales.
Holiday Parks in South Wales
- Bluestone, Narberth, Pembrokeshire is situated within two Woodland vales and in 500 acres of countryside, so that kids can get in touch with the beautiful landscape of Wales. Bluestone comprises of nearly 300 lodges set around a traditional Celtic village with a range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities including Spa, bike hire. There is loads for kids to do, including the Blue Lagoon Water Park with its flume rides, lazy river ride, bubbling hot tubs and two interactive wet play areas.
- Carmarthen Bay Holiday Park, Kidwelly, South Wales Near historic Carmarthen, this park has spa bath, indoor fun pool with water flume, crazy golf, kids clubs, sports facilities plus bike and go-kart hire. The accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available.
- Kiln Park Holiday Park, Tenby, South Wales On the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, this holiday park boasts kids clubs, sprts and leisure facilities and entertainment day and night. Accommodation is in self catering caravans, and camping and caravan pitches are available.
- Lydstep Beach Village, Lydstep Haven, Tenby, South Wales offers a variety of watersports and a blue flag beach. It sits within the tranquil Pembrokeshire National Park, and there is lots for the kids including a children's play area and David Bellamy's Family Park Rangers. Accomodation is in self catering holiday homes.
- Trecco Bay Holiday Park, Porthcawl, Mid Glamorgan With sandy beaches on three sides, the fabulous 'Splashland' tropical pool complex, kids clubs, a huge entertainment complex, outdoor children's play area as well as solarium, sauna, gym, dodgems and bowling this park has something for all ages. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans.
Holiday Parks in Mid Wales
- Brynowen Holiday Park, Nr. Aberystwyth With views over Cardigan Bay, this park has an indoor pool, mini ten-pin bowling or crazy golf, kids clubs and an adventure playground. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available. Camping and caravan pitches may be booked as well.
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park, St Dogmaels is 300 yards from an award winning beach, with an outdoor heated swimming pool, bar and children's adventure playground. The accommodation is either two and three bedroom caravans or a 16th century cottage.
- Quay West Holiday Park, New Quay, Wales
Sea views across Cardigan Bay mean that you could see bottlenose dolphins from this park! The park features Kids Clubs, Sports Area, Indoor and Outdoor SplashZone and Indoor Bowling as well as evening entertainment. Accommodation is in self catering caravans, and camping and caravan pitches are available.
Holiday Parks in North Wales
- Greenacres Holiday Park, Near Porthmadog, North Wales Great for families that love the great outdoors, this park is close to Snowdonia and has direct access to a two mile long sandy beach good for wind surfing and kite-bugging. There is a Multi Sports Court and evening entertainment too. Accommodation is in self catering caravans, and camping and caravan pitches are available.
- Hafan Y Môr Holiday Park, Nr Pwllheli, North Wales A landscaped park which features swimming pool with flumes and slides, RopeWorks climing fun and a peaceful boating lake. Close to Snowdonia, accommodation is in self catering or half-board caravans or chalets.
- Ogwen Bank Country Park, Bethesda, Bangor Set in 12 acres of natural woodland this park is great for active families, as there is trout and salmon fishing, canoeing, windsurfing and pony trekking in the area. Accommodation is in caravans and luxurious lodges.
- Pontins Prestatyn Holiday Park Offering self catering accommodation, this holiday centre has cabaret shows, games, kareoke, zip wire, abseiling, 3G swing, KMX karting, swimming pool, Bluecoat shows, kids play areas and access to PGL Go Active.
- Presthaven Sands Holiday Park, Prestatyn, North Wales With a broad sandy beach, three pools, Kids' Clubs for all ages, sports and leisure facilities and day and evening entertainment, Presthaven Sands offers fencing and archery as well. Accomodation is in self-catering caravans or chalets and camping and caravan pitches are available.
- Ty Mawr Holiday Park, Abergele, North Wales This park, near to sandy beaches, has an indoor fun pool with flume, kid's club and an adventure playground as well as sports facilities and entertainment. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available. Camping and caravan pitches may be booked as well.
Cottages in Wales
- Sykes Cottages have a great selection of cottages in Wales, including pools with swimming pools and hot tubs, pet friendly cottages and cottages in all price ranges.
Selection of cottages in all areas of Wales, from small to huge! They have cottages with games rooms, kids play areas, swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Child Friendly Cottages have a small collection of child friendly holiday cottages in Wales. They include farm cottages, pet friendly and cottages with pools.
Four Wales Tourist Board accredited self catering holiday cottages, Bwthyn Y Saer, Hafod Y Wennol, Y Stabl and Ty Cerbyd. Located between Brecon Beacons National Park and Gower Peninsula.
- Coast & Country Cottages
Over 280 Holiday Cottages in beautiful West Wales with holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, North Wales and the Wye Valley in Monmouthshire.
More Wales Holiday Ideas
- Pembrokeshire Classic Campers
hire out luxury, classic VW campervans for short breaks and weekly hire. Great for family holidays (sleep 4). The campers have a 2 hob stove, fridge, sink and include an inventory full of designer touches and a welcome bag filled with local produce. Live the dream!
Family Friendly Hotels in Wales
- Best Loved Hotels List of family friendly hotels by region - family friendly hotels not only tolerate children but absolutely welcome them.
- Toddle Pembrokeshire Child-friendly holiday cottages, information on child friendly pubs & restaurants, fun places to visit and the best beaches.
Related: Welsh Girl's Names and Welsh Boy's Names
Wales Holiday Information
- Visit Wales Information on holidays in Wales from the Welsh Tourist Board. 2020 is the Year of Legends celebrating Wales’ epic past, present and future like never before. Evoking the spirit and storytelling of the past interwoven with the imagination and vision of the future, bringing ancient legends to life with the aid a familiar face.
- Show Me Mid Wales Visit Snowdonia or the Brecon Beacons National Parks, take the family to the Mid Wales coast or take in the stunning Cambrian Mountains, the options are endless!
- Go North Wales
North Wales Tourist information featuring holiday accommodation in hotels, country houses, B&B's, guest houses, farmhouses, self-catering cottages, bunkhouses and caravan and camping parks. Brilliant beaches, thrilling mountain scenery, fascinating ancient culture and heritage.
For more holiday ideas, how about Best Holiday Parks in The South West of England and Best Holiday Parks in the North West of England.
Co-Sleeping - A Personal Story
7 Secrets of Successful Charity Shopping for Kid's Stuff
Which Were The 10 Best Animated Family Movies of 2018?
Screen Time Guidelines for Babies, Toddlers, Children and Teens
The 10 Best West End Shows For All The Family
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!