Best Holiday Parks in South West England 2020
Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset
Image Credit: Dennis Kummer
The South West of England boasts beautiful beaches, magnificent coastline and a host of great family attractions.
Cornwall is known for it's magnificent sandy beaches, perfect for surfing - or just sunbathing, as well as it's wonderful tourist attractions, from Land's End and the Eden Project to Tate St. Ives and Lizard Point. And this year it is popular due to the Poldark Effect, with Cornwall's mining heritage gaining featuring in the popular TV series.
Devon is also know for it's beautiful beaches and popular tourist destinations including Torquay and Torbay, Ilfracoombe and Teignmouth, as well as popular tourist attractions including the National Marine Aquarium, Crealy Great Adventure Park, Paignton Zoo and Okehampton Castle.
Dorset is a county of vibrant holiday resorts, small market towns and picturesque villages including Bournemouth, Poole and Weymouth. Attractions include Oceanarium Bournemouth, Radipole Lake RSPB Nature Reserve and the Historic Tolpuddle Martyers Museum.
Somerset boasts the dramatic Chedder Gorge - and you can gorge on the best chedder cheese you will ever taste! Famous for its Glastonbury Festival, illuminated carnivals, Mulberry handbags and Arthurian Legends, you can visit the popular tourist centres of Exmoor, Bath, Wookey Hole or Bream Theme Park.
Here is our guide to Holiday Parks, Caravan Parks, Cottages and Family Friendly Hotels in South West England - Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
Holiday Parks in Devon
- Ashvale Holiday Park, Paignton, South Devon Close to sandy beaches and offering an outdoor heated swimming pool with sun terrace, a playground, amusement centre and volleyball court this park offers a choice of two and three bedroom caravan holiday homes. It is close to Torbay, Paignton Zoo, the fascinating model village at Babbacombe and Brixham.
- Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Bideford, Devon Close to Westward Ho! and Exmoor, this park has an outdoor pool with flume, an indoor pool, tennis and crazy golf. For kids there is Sparky's Krew for 5-11 year olds and soft play areas for under 5's. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available.
- Dawlish Sands Holiday Park, Dawlish Warren, South Devon
Dawlish Sands features two pools, kids club, entertainment, amusements, family bars and restaurant and an adventure playground. Accomodation is in self catering caravans, chalets, lodges and apartments.
- Devon Cliffs Holiday Park, Exmouth, Devon Boasting a new Spa complex, this park offers self catering accomodation in the heart of beautiful Devon. It has its own wide and sandy beach, Kids' Clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and splashzone sports and leisure facilities and day and evening entertainment.
- Landscove Holiday Park, Brixham, Devon This park has indoor and outdoor pools, an entertainment complex with choice of bars and restaurant, sports fields, adventure playground, solarium and under 5's soft play area. Accomodation is in self catering caravans, chalets, lodges and apartments.
- Riviera Bay Holiday Centre, Brixham, Devon For an activity packed family holiday Riviera Bay has an indoor swimming pool, under 5s soft play area, children's Musketeer Club, outdoor multi sports hard court, French boules and croquet, a childrens adventure playground, 10-pin bowling and tennis. Acoomodation is a choice of one and two bedroom terraced chalets, set in spacious lawned grounds.
- Torquay Holiday Park, Torquay, Devon This park offers self catering accomodation in caravan holiday homes. Facilities at the park includes an indoor pool, SportXtra programme, aventure play area, soft play area, all weather sports court, crazy golf as well as a evening entertainment for all the family.
- Waterside Holiday Park, Paignton, South Devon Close to a beautiful and secluded sand and rock enclave, Waterside has a heated pool, children's play area, cabaret, bingo, karaoke, restairants and bars. Accomodation is in self catering caravans, chalets, lodges and apartments.
Related: A Visit to The Big Sheep - Ewe'll Love It!
Holiday Parks in Cornwall
- Hendra Holiday Park, Newquay, Cornwall Close to Newquay's town, 3 miles from the Cornish coast beaches, this park boasts a fantastic indoor fun pool with three flumes, a rapid ride, water cannon, waterfall and toddler's pool. There is a kid's club, mini 10-pin bowling, soft play area (under 6s), children's train rides and a children's adventure playground.
- Holywell Bay Holiday Park, Near Newquay, Cornwall A short stroll from the Gull Rocks of Holywell Bay beach and with an outdoor heated pool and giant slide, a multi-sports court this park also offers a kids club, indoor tots' soft play zone, under 5s themed playground, adventure play area, laser clay pigeon shooting and a programme of evening entertainment for childrn and grown-ups.
- Looe Bay Holiday Park, St Martins, East Looe, Cornwall Surrounded by scenic countryside and quaint fishing villages, this park has an indoor pool, soft play area, mini ten-pin, film screenings and an extensicve programme of evening entertainment from the Parkdean Troupers and well as visiting entertainers, quizzes and comedy nights.
- Perran Sands Holiday Park, Perranporth, Cornwall Close to Newquay on Cornwall's north coast this park offers Go-Karting, Heated Indoor and Outdoor Pools, Watersports and Mini Golf. Accomodation is self catering with pitches for caravans and camping. With Kids' Clubs and entertainment all day it is also perfect for a vist to the magnificent Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan and many more of Cornwall's top attractions.
- Riviere Sands Holiday Park, Hayle, Cornwall On the edge of a large golden sandy bay which can be accessed directly from the park, this holiday park near the southernmost tip of Cornwall offers self-catering accomodation, kid's clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and splashzone sports and leisure facilities and day and evening entertainment.
- St Ives Holiday Village, Lelant, St Ives Close to St. Ives' magnificent surfing beaches and set in 100 acres of lush woodland this holiday centre offers indoor heated swimming pool and toddlers' pool, a sauna, daytime and evening children's entertainment, children's Foxy Club, a play area and putting green. Accomodation is a choice of two bedroom chalets in a woodland setting.
- St Minver Holiday Park, Near Rock, Wadebridge, Cornwall St Minver is a woodland holiday park with the nearby beaches of Rock, Daymer Bay and Polzeath on the doorstep. The park offers an indoor pool plus soft play area, woodland walks, adventure play area with fun tower, multi-sports court, archery (school holidays only) and a programme of shows and entertainment in the evenings for all the family.
- Sandymouth Bay, Bude, Cornwall Sandymouth Bay offers a choice of caravans and lodges and is set in 24 acres of beautiful meadowland. Facilities include and indoor heated swimming pool with slide, children's pool, sauna, solarium, and kids' club for 6-13s.
- Deerpark Cabins Set in a wooded valley on the site of an old gunpowder mill, the log cabins at Deerpark are just seven miles from the beach. Close to the villages of Looe and Polperro on Cornwall's south coast, accomodation is in a choice of cabin styles which includes a treehouse!
While you're in Cornwall The Eden Project is worth a visit.
Holiday Parks in Somerset
- Broadway House Holiday Park, Cheddar, Somerset Set in a David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation park in the heart of Somerset this park is just one mile from Cheddar Gorge. Facilities include archery, shooting, abseiling, canoeing and caving, and accomodation is in one and two bedroom caravans.
- Burnham-on-Sea Holiday Park, Somerset Surrounding a serene fishing lake stocked with roach, bream, carp and rudd, this park in peaceful Burnham-on-Sea offers Kid's clubs, swimming, entertainment for both young and old, fishing in the lake and access to a quite magnificent sandy beach. Accomodation is self catering with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Doniford Bay Holiday Park, Watchet, Somerset Set in acres of woodland above the bay it is ideal for families who love fresh air and the great outdoors. It also has kid's clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and splashzone sports and leisure facilities and day and evening entertainment. Accomodation is self-catering caravans.
- Pontins Brean Sands Offering self catering accommodation, this holiday centre has cabaret shows, games, karaoke, zip wire, abseiling, 3G swing, KMX karting, swimming pool, Bluecoat shows, kids play areas and seven miles of the beautiful beach at Burnham-On-Sea.
Wookey Hole in Somerset Review - Why Not Visit Somewhere Cold and Wet!
Holiday Parks in Dorset
- Littlesea, Weymouth, Dorset This park boasts Kids' Clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accomodation is self catering with pitches for caravans and camping. It is close to many of Dorset's attractions.
- Rockely Park, Poole, Dorset Rockly Park has it's own boat park, sailing school and direct beach access, along with kid's clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and splashzone sports and leisure facilities and day and evening entertainment. Accomodation is self catering caravans with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Sandhills Holiday Park, Christchurch, Dorset
This park in beautiful Christchurch has a heated pool, paddling pool, games room, bar with satellite TV, family bar, children's play area and country walks. Accomodation is in self catering caravans, chalets, lodges and apartments.
- Seaview & Weymouth Bay Holiday Parks, Weymouth, Dorset These two adjacent holiday parks both owned by Haven Holidays allow their visitors to use the facilities at either park including indoor and outdoor pools, kids clubs, adventure playground and all day entertainment. The parks are close to the beach and accomodation is self catering with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Warmwell Holiday Park, Near Weymouth, Dorset This beautiful woodland park boasts a 110 metre Snowflex Ski Slope, indoor pool with wave machine and flume, roller rink, fitness suite, mini ten-pin bowling, table tennis, SportXtra programme, adventure play area as well as a programme of evening entertainment with shows from the Parkdean Troupers as well as quizzes, guest cabaret, touring shows, illusionists and more.
- West Bay Holiday Park, Bridport, Dorset Close to a fantastic beach that stretches for miles this park offer an indoor pool with flume, an adventure playground, cycle hire and live entertainment every night, great competitions and game shows.
Keep the kids occupied on the holiday journey with the Top Ten Travel Games.
Cottages in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset & Dorset
- Sykes Cottages have everything from cottages and barn conversions to shepherd's huts and chalets. With properties all over the South West you can find lots of choice including cottages with swimming pools and pet friendly properties so that all the family can enjoy the holiday.
- Helpful Holidays are specialists in holiday cottages and holiday homes in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset. With child and dog-friendly properties and everything from two person cottages to manor houses that will sleep up to 24 (!).
- Hoseasons have a selection of cottages in all areas of the south west. Dogs stay free in 2020 and they have hundrds of cottages of all sizes.
- Cornish Traditional Cottages
Self-catering holiday accommodation at an affordable price, with child and pet-friendly cottages in Cornwall. They have over 250 hand-picked and personally inspected properties.
- Marsdens Cottage Holidays specialize in covering properties on the spectacular North Devon coastline including Croyde, Woolacombe, Mortehoe, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin as well as the stunning expanse of Exmoor. Lots of properties with pools, hot tubs and ones that welcome dogs too.
Family Friendly Hotels in the Southwest
- Best Loved Hotels Extensive listings of child-friendly hotels. Family friendly hotels not only tolerate children but absolutely welcome them.
- Away with the Kids have listing s of family friendly hotels as well as cottages, campsites, hostels and farms.
More South West Holiday Information
- Visit Cornwall is the official Cornwall Tourist Board website, with information on places to go, where to stay, 2020 events, the best beaches and those all important Poldark locations!!
- Visit Somerset Somerset is a s famous for it's stunning views across open countryside, sandy beaches as for superb strawberries, Cheddar cheese and cider! World-wide, our county is famous for its Glastonbury Festival and Arthurian Legends. Visit Somerset has all the details you need for accomodation and places to vist.
- Visit Devon is the official Devon Tourist Board website, with info on accomodation, attractions, beaches and this summer's events.
- Visit Dorset Travel and tourist information for Dorset, including it's vibrant holiday resorts, small market towns and picturesque villages where you can discover the amazing array of things to do while on your holidays, from sightseeing at nature reserves and stately homes to kite surfing or quad-biking.
Still looking for a family holiday in the UK? How about Best Holiday Parks in Wales and Best Holiday Parks in the South of England.
50 Screen Free Things To Do Indoors
How To Control Your Temper With Your Children
10 Of The Best Indoor Playhouses
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!