Family Holidays in Scotland 2018
Image Credit: George Hiles
Scotland has wonderful scenery, centuries of history and some fabulous beaches, making it a wonderful place to take the family on holiday.
From the magnificent Highlands to bustling, lively cities such as Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Visit the tranquil islands of the Inner Hebrides and the Outer Hebrides in the west of Scotland, and Orkney and Shetland in the north.
Here are a selection of family holiday parks, caravan parks, campsites, cottages and family friendly hotels in Scotland.
Family Holiday Parks In Scotland
- Angecroft Park, Ettrick Valley, Selkirk The park is set in beautiful borders countryside. Nearby you can enjoy trout fishing, horse riding and golf. Two bedroom caravans or the three bedroom Tima Log Cabins are available.
- Argyll Cabins Deep in the heart of the Argyll Forest Park, the Cabins at Argyll are set along the shores of Loch Long, one of the west of Scotland's most beautiful lochs. Accomodation is in a choice of cabin styles.
- Blairgowrie Holiday Park, Perthshire is set in beautifully landscaped, terraced gardens on the northern outskirts of the town, the park offers a peaceful atmosphere sheltered by hills and woodland. Accomodation is in self catering caravans and lodges.
- Craig Tara Holiday Park, Ayrshire On the Ayrshire Coast, accommodation includes self-catering and half-board options as well as pitches for caravans and camping. Facilities include a multi-level leisure pool with flumes, go-karts and an adventure playground plus evening entertainment. Nearby are Ayr Racecourse, the Isle of Arran and many castles and abbeys to visit.
- Deeside Holiday Park, Deeside is set in the Southern valley of the River Dee Spend your time exploring Royal Deeside and the Cairngorms National Park or soaking up the atmosphere in the lively city of Aberdeen. Accomodation is in caravan holiday homes and luxurious lodges or for a unique glamping experience, stay in one of their new en-suite camping pods.
- Eyemouth Holiday Park, Scottish Borders Close to a sandy beach, a craggy beach for sea fishing and with superb coastal views to St Abbs Head. Occasional evening entertainment. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available.
- Grannie's Heilan' Hame, Embo, Dornoch, Sutherland
Situated on a beautiful beach commanding magnificent views, Grannie's Heilan' Hame has a heated indoor pool and wealth of leisure facilities to fun and games provided for children in Star Landers. The park's own traditional village pub offers an ideal way to relax before settling down to enjoy the family entertainment on offer every night.
- Great Glen Water Park, Kinlochlochy, Inverness This park offers an excellent variety of watersports and land based activities including white water rafting, abseiling, knee boarding, climbing and wakeboarding. It also has an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, solarium and spa. Accomadation is a choice of lodges or cottages.
- Hunters Quay, Dunoon, Argyll
Located in a charming wild Argyll setting beside the Holy Loch and the Firth of Clyde, this park offers two indoor heated swimming pools, indoor badminton court, gym, archery and much more plus seasonal entertainment, children's outdoor play area, indoor children's play barn and soft play.
- Loch Lomond Holiday Park, Inveruglas, Argyll This peaceful park has facilities including a sandy bathing beach, children's adventure play area and is an ideal base for fishing, hill walking and touring. Accomodation is a choice of caravans, lodges, chalets and the Inveruglas Cottage.
- Lomond Woods Holiday Park, Loch Lomond is within walking distance of Loch Lomond, within walking distance of Loch Lomond with a range of luxury lodges, caravan holiday homes and camping pods to suit all budgets and styles.
- Nairn Lochloy, Nairn, Morayshire, Morayshire
Set on the stunning Moray Firth coast which is home to schools of dolphins. The park has something to keep everyone amused, with an indoor heated pool, spa bath, sauna, crazy golf, and fun and games on hand for children. A restaurant and bar overlooking the marina with family entertainment on offer every night.
- Sandylands Holiday Park, Saltcoats, Ayrshire Close to sandy beaches, golf courses and the Isle of Arran, this park has an indoor heated pool and water and sports resorts activities plus evening entertainment. Accomodation is either caravans or chalets, with accessible caravans available.
- Seton Sands Holiday Park, East Lothian With views over the Firth of Forth, Seton Sands offers self catering accomodation as well as pitches for caravans and camping. It is just 30 minitues from Edinburgh and nearby are sandy beaches, the Scottish Seabird Centre, and a 14th century fortress. The park has sports and activities by day and entertainment in the evening.
- Sundrum Castle Holiday Park, Coylton, Ayrshire Located in Ayrshire with it's castles, sandy beaches and rolling countryside, this park has plenty on offer including an indoor pool with flume and toddlers' pool, mini ten-pin bowling, adventure play area, crazy golf, a sports programme, all weather sports court and a full programme of evening entertainment.
- Southerness Holiday Park, Southerness, Dumfries Handy for a visit to the historic Burns Cottage and Museum, this park has an indoor pool, soft play area, pool tables, children's play areas, crazy golf and entertainment for kids, adults and all the family.
- Tummel Valley Holiday Park, Near Pitlochloy, Perthshire Set in a scenic woodland park this location offers an all weather sports court, sports programme, adventure play area, crazy golf, nearby watersports and fishing as well as a programme of evening entertainment for all the family.
- Wemyss Bay, Renfrewshire This holiday park has an indoor heated swimming pool with toddler's paddling area, sauna, clubroom with kids bar and servery, Maxi Million, Multi and Milli (club for 4–10s), Treetops Tots (under 4s) and Freestyle Club (10–15s). Accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans.
Latest from eParenting
How To Teach Your Child To Tell The Time
These 5 Funniest Parenting Blogs Will Have You Crying With Laughter
The 10 Must See Kids Movies Coming to Cinemas for Summer 2018
Holiday Cottages in Scotland
- Hoseasons have selection of over 1700 cottages in all areas of Scotland. Lots of different sized cottages whether you are looking for a city break, seaside break or highland holiday.
- Sykes Cottages are the largest independent self catering rental agency in the UK. They have cottages of all types, including ones with pools, hot tubs, dog friendly cottages and all with a choice of locations, whether you want to be by the coast or see the highlands.
- Wilderness Cottages have self catering holidays throughout Scotland in holiday cottages and apartments that suit all tastes, including holidays in remote crofts and stays in luxury apartments. A variety of self catering holiday properties are available to rent, which range in size from small and cosy cottages to larger holiday cottages that sleep from from six to twelve.
- Lakes Cottage Holiday have a wide range of cottages are perfect for families looking for a relaxing break. Many cottages cater to specialist needs, whether you need a cottage that is pet friendly, has access for the disabled or looking for a luxury 5 star cottage to stay in.
- Owners Direct
offer self catering Scottish holiday home accommodation, apartments and cottages for vacation rental, which you can rent directly from the owners.
Related: The Do’s and Don’ts of Skiing with Young Children
Family Friendly Hotels in Scotland
- Best Loved Huge list of hotels in Scotland that love kids, with luxury, character and romantic charm, representing the best of many types of properties for varying tastes, budgets and reasons for travel.
Scotland Tourist Information
- Visit Scotland is the umbrella website for tourist information on holidays in all regions of Scotland, and includes info on accomodation, events in Scotland, places to go, things to do and travel information.
- This is Edinburgh is the Official Guide to the city of Edinburgh, a hub of all the best things to do, see and enjoy in the city. With great days out and the inside scoop on the best little-known places waiting to be discovered.
Still looking for holidays? How about Family Holidays in the North West or Family Holidays in the North East.
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!