Best Holiday Parks in North West England 2020
Cumbria, the Lake District, Lancashire & Cheshire
Image Credit: Margo Brodowicz
The Northwest of the UK has long been a popular holiday destination; from the beauty of Cumbria and the Lake District, the lively family holiday resorts of Blackpool, Morcambe and Southport in Lancashire and the vibrant cities of Liverpool and Manchester.
Every part of the Northwest has great family holiday locations. For fresh air and beautiful landscape visit the National Trust's Beatrix Potter Country. For a classic British seaside holiday with funfairs, beaches and candyfloss visit Blackpool or Morecambe. If you prefer city breaks, Manchester and Liverpool are unbeatable for art galleries, museums, theatre, shopping and history.
Whatever type of family holiday you are looking for, here are some of the best holiday parks, caravan parks, cottages and family friendly hotels in North West England.
Holiday Parks in the North West
- Cala Gran Holiday Park, Fleetwood, Lancashire Close to Blackpool, this park features a large indoor pool with steam room & spa bath, Kids' Clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and sports and leisure facilities plus day and evening entertainment. Accommodation is self catering caravan holiday homes.
- Marton Mere Holiday Park, Blackpool, Lancashire See the lights of Blackpool or enjoy the nearby nature reserve. The park has Kids' Clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and sports and leisure facilities plus day and evening entertainment. Self catering accomodation as well as pitches for caravans and camping are available.
- Ocean Edge Leisure Park, Heysham, Morecambe Bay Ten minutes drive from Morecambe, park facilities include a family beer garden, café, indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, soft play area. Ocean Edge also has its own indoor entertainment complex with family cabaret lounge and adventure playground. Accomodation is in standard or superior caravans.
- Pontins Southport Offering self catering accommodation, this holiday centre has cabaret shows, games, karaoke, zip wire, abseiling, trapeze, swimming pool, Bluecoat shows, kids play areas and access to PGL Go Active.
- Regent Bay Holiday Park, Morecambe, Lancashire Just a few minutes from Morecambe promenade and beach, this park offers indoor swimming pool and sauna, outdoor sports arena and indoor children's play area. There is also a cabaret bar and separate sports bar. Accomodation is in standard or superior caravans.
- Ribby Hall Village, Wrea Green, Blackpool Set in 100 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, this park has indoor pool with water chutes, spa pools and water features, sauna and steam room, gym, health and beauty spa, horse riding and indoor equestrian centre, mini golf course, canoes, rowing boats and pedalos, fishing, a climbing walland an outdoor adventure playground. Accommodation is a choice of luxurious and spacious cottages, all with two or three bedrooms.
Holiday Parks in Cumbria & The Lake District
- Lakeland Holiday Park, Nr Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria Ten Miles from Lake Windermere, Lakeland Leisure Park offers a 9-hole golf course, Kids' Clubs for all ages, superb swimming pools and sports and leisure facilities plus day and evening entertainment. Self catering accomodation as well as pitches for caravans and camping are available.
- Seacote Park, St Bees, Cumbria Perfect for a relaxing holiday, this park is near to a 9 hole golf course, an RSPB bird sanctuary, the towns of Egrement and Whitehaven, the Lake District and Muncaster Castle. Accommodation is in two and three bedroom caravans.
- Solway Holiday Village, Silloth, North Lakes, Cumbria This family fun park features a heated leisure pool with spa, health studio with sauna, sunbed, gym, children's club (5-10s), children's indoor play area, mini 10-pin bowling alley, 9 hole par 3 golf course, bike hire, tennis courts, children's play area and an animal pet farm. Accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans, one, two and three bedroom chalets and a three bedroom lodge.
- Stanwix Park, Silloth, Carlisle Situated on Cumbria's Solway coast next to a designated area of outstanding natural beauty this park has indoor & outdoor pools, children's pool, Spa pool, sauna, steam room, entertainment including games, disco, and children's entertainers, 10-pin bowling, soft play area (under 6s), tennis, putting and an adventure play park. Accommodation is a choice of studio and two bedroom apartments or two and three bedroom caravans.
- White Cross Bay, Lake Windermere, Cumbria On the shores of Lake Windermere, this park features an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, gym, children's playground and boat launching, mooring and storage. Accommodation is a range of caravans and pine lodges.
- Whinfell Forest Village
Centerparcs location in Cumbria with the exhilarating Canyon Ride in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, Sports Plaza, Aqua Sana spa and Outdoor Activity Centre, featuring a range of physical challenges, from quad biking to archery, laser clays to paintballing.
Keep the kids entertained in the car with the Top Ten Travel Games
Cottages in the North West & the Lake District
- Hoseasons have a selection of cottages in all areas of the North West, in Cheshire, Cumbria and Lancashire. You can stay in a converted chapel, choose a cottage with a hot tub or even holiday on a working farm. They have lots of child and toddler friendly options.
- Child Friendly Cottages specialise in helping parents in finding the perfect family holiday cottage, with a small collection in the Northwest and Lake District.
- Holiday Cottages.cc have cottages all over the North West of Britain, with lots in Cumbria and the Lake District , Lancashire, Chesire and on the Isle of Man.
- Sykes Cottages have everything from a Lake District cottage on a remote working farm to a property right at the heart of things in a bustling Lakeland resort such as Bowness or Keswick.
- Lakes Cottage Holiday have over 25 years experience as specialist in cottages in teh Lake District. They have pet friendly cottages, lots of family cottages as well as quirky and unusual properties.
Family Friendly Hotels in the Northwest
- Best Loved Hotels Hotels that love kids, broken down by region. Small selection of family friendly hotels in Cumbria, Lancashire and Manchester.
- Away With the Kids are specialists in family firendly holidays, with a big selection of hotels that love to take families.
Dreading the journey? Here are our Top Tips for Travelling with Kids.
What you can do at the Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester.
More Northwest Tourist Information
- Visit Blackpool
is the official tourism website for Blackpool with information to help you plan a holiday or short break in Blackpool, including hotels, guest houses, B&B's, apartments and hotels. It also includies information of shows, tourist attractions and events throughout the year.
- Visit Lancashire
The Official Website of Marketing Lancashire, with lots of info on events in Lnacashire, plus where to stay, best place to eat and where to visit once you are there.
- Go Lakes
Official and most comprehensive website available for visitors to Cumbria and the Lake District. Details on how to explore Cumbria's stunning landscapes, lakes, mountains, coastline, historic sites and how to find the perfect accommodation.
- Visit Liverpool
Liverpool's official tourist information site - discover Liverpool's unique attractions, exciting events, world class sport offerings, unrivalled musical heritage and the largest collection of museums and galleries anywhere outside of the Capital.
- Visit Manchester
The official website of the tourist board for Greater Manchester where you can explore Manchester's unique culture and history. With everything from walks and tours to sight-seeing and an amazing choice of live theatre.
Still looking? How about Best Holiday Parks in North East England and Best Holiday Parks in Wales.
Co-Sleeping - A Personal Story
7 Secrets of Successful Charity Shopping for Kid's Stuff
Which Were The 10 Best Animated Family Movies of 2018?
Screen Time Guidelines for Babies, Toddlers, Children and Teens
The 10 Best West End Shows For All The Family
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!