Best Holiday Parks in North East England 2020
Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham and North Yorkshire
Image Credit: Mark Bryant
The north east of England has stunning scenery, beautiful coastlines and an amazing history.
Nothumberland boasts Hadrian's wall, the Cheviot Hills and the magical island of Lindisfarne, while County Durham houses the Beamish Museum, Durham Cathedral and the gorgeous Durham Dales. Head to Tyne & Wear for city breaks to lively Newcastle and Sunderland and the traditional seaside resorts of Whitley Bay. North Yorkshire not only offers the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and the traditional family holiday resorts of Filey and Scarborough.
The North East of England is filled with friendly people, and has a fascinating industrial heritage and is now one of the UK's top centres for science and technology research.
Here are holiday parks, caravan parks, cottages and family friendly hotels in North East England, including Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham and North Yorkshire.
Holiday Parks in County Durham
- Crimdon Dene Holiday Park, Nr Hartlepool, Cleveland, County Durham This park has an indoor swimming pool, entertainment centre, children's adventure play area and is handy for many local attractions. Accommodation is self catering chalets or caravans.
- Durham Coastal Lodges Haswell, Nr Durham , County Durham. is chic, restful and carefully designed, with mood lighting and cosy wood burning stoves offer the ultimate in ambient relaxation. A play area provides fun for kids, while generous individual gardens and sumptuous hot tubs give the last word to indulgent unwinding.
- Bobby Shafto Caravan Park Beamish, Nr Durham , County Durham is situated in the heart of the Durham Countryside. Set amongst magnificent surroundings this charming park offers tranquillity and relaxation in a beautifully secluded location. It features a children’s play area with zip wire and is conveniently located for Beamish museum, local castles, historic houses and gardens, not to mention the famous Hadrian’s Wall.
- Heather View Leisure Park Stanhope, County Durham is the perfect countryside retreat for all the family.
Just a few miles from the beautiful Durham Dales and Hamsterley Forest you can enjoy walking, cycling and horse riding along with pretty market towns, historic attractions and waterfalls to visit, so it is the perfect location for those exploring the great outdoors and local area.
Holiday Parks in Northumberland
- Haggerston Castle, Northumberland With it's own golf course and boating lake, this park has been nominated as Caravan Park of the Year. It offers a luxury spa, riding and boasts historic Italianate gardens. There is also a kids club, indoor swimming pool and day and evening entertainment. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans.
- Sandy Bay, North Seaton, Northumberland Situated on a cliff top overlooking a sandy beach this park offers indoor swimming pool, a beach Showbar with family entertainment, children's adventure playgroundkids club and a Koi Carp Lake. Accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans.
- Waren Park, Bamburgh, Northumberland Thoughtfully landscaped, this park has been awarded the David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation. Budle Bay nature reserve is just a short walk away, while endless golden beaches and miles of sand dunes are also nearby. The park has an outdoor heated splash pool and children's play area and accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans.
- Berwick Holiday Park, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland This park has direct beach access and is close to Alnwick Castle - Hogwarts to Harry Potter Fans! The facilities include kids club, indoor swimming pool, day and evening entertainment and an all-weather bowling green. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans.
- Church Point, Newbiggin by the Sea, Northumberland This holiday park features entertainment for kids and grown ups, kids clubs, indoor pool with water chutes, an adventure playground and a koi carp lake. It is close to several local attractions and accommodation is self catering chalets or caravans.
- Cresswell Towers, Cresswell, Morpeth Just 200m from golden sandy beaches, this park has indoor swimming pool, children's entertainment, kids club, outdoor play area and a multi sports court. Accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans.
Holiday Parks in Tyne & Wear
- Whitley Bay Holiday Park, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear Near to Whitley Bay's magnificent sandy beaches, the park has an indoor swimming pool, showbar with entertainment, kids club and entertainment adventure playground and an all weather multi sports court. Accommodation is a choice of two and three bedroom caravans.
Holiday Parks in North Yorkshire
- Blue Dolphin, Nr Filey, Yorkshire Atop a cliff overlooking the Filey coast this park has go-karts, volleyball, archery, kids' clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and entertainment facilities. Accommodation is in self-catering caravans with pitches for caravans and camping available.
- Cayton Bay Holiday Park, Cayton Bay, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
This park boasts an indoor Waterworld Fun Pool with water-jets, slides, fountains and flume. Outside activities include an all-weather multi-sports court, an adventure playground, volleyball and basketball, plus a crazy golf course. In the evening you can enjoy cabaret, discos, dancing and lots more in The Oasis Showbar.
- Flamingo Land Resort, Malton, York, Yorkshire Flamingo Land has it's own zoo, thrilling theme park rides and superb shows which all are free for the duration of your stay. You also enjoy a range of leisure activities including tennis, golf, and a superb gym and an indoor pool complex. There is also an excellent selection of restaurants and dazzling entertainment programme.
- Primrose Valley, Nr Filey, Yorkshire Primrose Valley offers climbing walls, a funfair, fishing, a boating lake and £6 million state of the art pool complex, plus kids' clubs, play areas, all-weather pools, sports, leisure and day and evening entertainment facilities. Accomodation is self catering caravans or chalets with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Reighton Sands, Nr Filey, Yorkshire With cliff top views over superb sandy beaches this park has direct beach access. The park offers kids' clubs, play areas, pool, sports, leisure and day and evening entertainment facilities. Accomodation is self catering caravans or chalets with pitches for caravans and camping.
- Withernsea Sands Holiday Park, Withernsea, Humberside
Situated right next door to a Blue Flag beach and ideally positioned to explore the coastal countryside, this park has a fabulous indoor pool as well as plenty of open spaces for the kids to run around. In the evening there is live cabaret, discos and dancing, plus a big screen and Sky TV.
Keep the kids occupied on the journey with the Top Ten Travel Games.
Cottages in North East England
- Hoseasons have over 100 cottages in the North East, mainly in County Durham and Northumberland. Options include a swimming pool, kids play area, patio, hot tub and gardens.
- Lakes Cottage Holidays have a number of quirky and unusual cottages in Northumberland, including converted barns, a folly, a boat house and a country estate that will accomodate 20 guests!
- Sykes Cottages have cottages in North Yorkshire and Northumberland, with everything from a log cabin and a shepherd's hut to stone cottages and stately homes. Perfect for a really big family get-together. There is abig selection of regular sized family cottages so don't think they only cater for big families.
- Country Cottages Online Holiday cottages and self-catering holidays in Northumberland, County Durham and the north east of England. Accomadation in all sizes with dog-friendly options.
- Outchester and Ross
specialise in self-catering holidays on two outstanding sites near Alnwick Castle & Gardens. With sixteen spacious, luxury holiday cottages at Ross and at Outchester, as well as a 18th century, fairytale tower overlooking the sea. All in a perfect location on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
- Northumbria Coast & Country Cottages
Specialists in quality holiday cottages in prime locations throughout Northumberland, with locations from the Scottish Borders and all along the superb Northumberland Heritage Coastline.
- North East Coastal Cottages
have a colletion of self catering Coastal Cottages available, in North East Northumberland at Beadnell, Seahouses & Embleton, sleeping from 2 to 8 people.
Top Tips for Travelling with Children
Family Friendly Hotels in the North East
- Best Loved Hotels Hotels that love kids, in Northumberland, Durham and Yorkshire.
- Away With the Kids have listings of hotels on the North East which welcome children and families in particular.
- The Youth Hostel Association (YHA) are a great idea if you are holidaying on a budget, with a range of locations across the north east, in Nothumberland, Berwick-upon-Tweed, County Durham and Hadrian's Wall.
North East Tourist Information
- Visit North East England is the gateway to the official North East England visitor's guide websites. These include This is Durham, NewcastleGateshead, Northumberland, Hadiran's Wall Country, North Tyneside, Sunderland and Tees Valley Life.
- Visit Yorkshire Holiday accommodation, attractions and tourist information plus holiday cottages, hotels, bed and breakfast and guest houses in the whole of Yorkshire including North Yorkshire and the moors, and the Yorkshire Coast
Still looking for a family holiday in the UK? How about Best Holiday Parks in North West England or Best Holiday Parks in Scotland.
42 Colouring Pictures About Books and Literature
Tips and Ideas For Decorating A Small Gender Neutral Nursery
Stay Home Stay Safe Rainbow Colouring Picture
About eParenting: eParenting was started by Jacqui O'Brien in 2004. At the time her kids were 1 and 4 and kept her nice and busy. Now they are teenagers and still keeping her pretty busy!