How To Make A Poppy Greetings Card
This lovely poppy card would be lovely for a birthday or thank you card for someone you love.
You Will Need:-
A4 red card stock
Selection of red and black card stock A5
Dry glue stick
Red eyelet and tools to fix in place
Red embroidery thread
Two 'bug' charms
Letters for message (either rubber stamps or stickers
Printable shrink sheets
Computer and colour printer
Double sided sticky pads
Scissors or craft knife
Self healing mat (if using craft knife)
How To Make The Poppy Card
- Fold the red A4 card stock in half (short edge to short edge).
- Cut a piece of black card 10cm x 14cm (4"x 5½") and mount in the top left hand corner.
- Cut a piece of red card 7.5cm x 10cm (3" x 4") and mount on the black card in top left hand corner.
- Cut a piece of black card 5cm x 7.5cm (2" x 3") and mount in top left hand corner.
- Cut the thread to around 20cm (8") long and at each end tie a charm.
- Make the hole in the top right hand corner for the eyelet. Fold the thread in two making one half slightly longer than the other. Feed the thread through the hole then fix the eyelet in place, this will then hold the thread in place.
- Stamp or stick the message of your choice along the bottom of the card.
- Print off an image of your choice (using perhaps a photograph you have taken or a royalty free image from the web) onto the shrink sheet. To obtain the right size once shrunk, the image should start as A6 in size.
- Cut down to size and following the manufacturers instructions shrink image down to size and mount using the double sided sticky pads to complete card.
Courtesy of The Craft Ark